Application for The Star Education Fund 2016 Ends on xx April 2016.
How do I know what’s right ?
You must know :
- the education level you are eligible for, ie STPM, diploma, degree etc
- your area of study according to your passion. (IMPORTANT)
- the choice of qualifying award, ie, fund from which academic, professional, technical or vocational institution.
- whether to study in private college, private university or foreign branch campuses
- the choice of completing part of the degree programme in oversea (twinning/transfer programme)
- your budget for cost of living (Star Education Fund covers ONLY tuition fees in most cases)
- location, whether you like to be in Klang Valley (more choice of courses) or you only what to stay in Penang (less choice of courses)
What does it cover ?
- Full tuition fee waiver for the awarded course – as waived by the awarding institution
- Other fees may still apply. Example : registration fees, lab fees, examination fees etc. Please find out from your desired institution
- Boarding fees and food expenditure excluded
- You are NOT bounded to The Star nor your awarding institution
Am I eligible?
- You must be a Malaysian
- Not more than 25 years old as at 1st Jan 2012 (if you are applying for Master and above, this rule does not apply.)
- Possess reasonably good academic results.
- Active in co-curricular activities.
- Must not be bounded by other institution
Great. How do you select us?
From a combination of factors :-
- Academic performance
- Socio-economic considerations
- Participation in co-curricular activities
- Personal/leadership qualities – you are a head prefect, you won international debate, prestige competition etc
Continue for MORE TIPS …
The above summary are from a
public talk given by Susanna Kuan