Finally. A completely powered by electricity car has come to Malaysia. Nissan leaf, changing the way you drive!
Nissan Leaf (2013 Version) – 100% Electric Car. No need petrol. No exhaust pipe. No Carbon Dioxide. Super quiet 21dB (A typical library is 30 dB). Only 25% maintenance cost of a conventional car!
Price in Malaysia : RM 168,800.00 (Car is CBU from Japan)
Frequently Asked Questions about Nissan Leaf.
1. I am interested to purchase the LEAF, how do I go about it?
The Nissan LEAF is only available for booking at the following showrooms currently:
I. Jalan Raja Laut Showroom
II. Petaling Jaya Showroom
2. Where can I test drive the vehicle?
You can visit one of the following sales outlets to test drive the Nissan LEAF.
I. Jalan Raja Laut Showroom
II. Petaling Jaya Showroom
3. What are the variants available?
There will only be one variant for the Nissan LEAF which comes with a 6.6kW on-board charger (Estimated 4 Hours for full charge) and a Solar Panel at the rear roof spoiler.
4. Is this a CKD or CBU model?
CBU from Japan.
5. What is the warranty period for the Nissan LEAF?
The vehicle comes with a 3 Years Warranty or 100,000KM, whichever comes first from the date of purchase.
6. What is the warranty period for the vehicle battery & the charger?
The battery and the EV power train (Reduction Gear, Traction Motor, Inverter, Power Delivery Module (PDM), Vehicle Control Module & etc.) is under the same warranty period as the vehicle (3 years warranty or 100,000KM, whichever comes first from the date of purchase)
7. If I purchased the Nissan Leaf, does it comes with the charger? How do I charge the car?
The vehicle will be supplied with a Wall Box charger and cable attached to a dedicated AC230V power socket (SAEJ1772) for normal charging which will only be installed by a qualified electrician appointed by ETCM.
Upon booking of the vehicle, our qualified electrician appointed by ETCM will arrange an appointment with you for a site visit to check whether your house condition is deemed suitable for the installation of the charger.
If the house condition is suitable, we will proceed to install the charger once you have signed the Letter of undertaking
If the house condition is not suitable, we will recommend you with solutions on how to get the charger installed.
8. Do I need to pay for the installation of the charger?
No, you do not have to pay for the installation of the wall box charger as it will be supplied together with the vehicle upon purchase.
However, if you need additional charger, the charger and the installation cost will be RM 6,500*. (*Installation package includes cabling concealed in PVC piping up to 40 meters with a dedicated circuit breaker.)
9. If I stay in a condo/apartment, how can I install the charger?
You will need to seek your condo/apartment’s management for approval for the installation of the wall box charger.
Upon booking of the vehicle and approval from your condo/apartment’s management, our qualified electrician appointed by ETCM will arrange an appointment with you for a site visit to check whether your condo/apartment’s condition is deemed suitable for the installation of the charger.
10. How long does it take to charge the battery?
Normal charging for the 6.6kW vehicle on a Wall Box charger will take approximately 4 hours.
With a quick charger, the battery can be recharged up to 80 percent in 20 minutes. However, quick charging is not available in Malaysia yet.
11. What should I do if the battery runs out when I was driving?
The Nissan LEAF is equipped with Estimated Driving Range display at the Multi-Info Display (MID) as well as warning & indicator lights. It is advisable to check the LEAF battery status and plan your trip to avoid such circumstances.
However, if you happen to encounter such situation, you can contact NISCARE at 1-800-88-3838 for assistance.
12. How far can the Nissan LEAF travel on a single charge?
A fully charge LEAF can travel up to 195KM (based on the New European Driving Cycle – NEDC) under average, everyday city driving condition. However, driving range is dependent on other factors like driving pattern, use of other features such as air-conditioning & etc.
13. Can I service the vehicle at any of your service center?
The vehicle can only be serviced / maintained at our TCEAS Petaling Jaya & Batu Caves workshops.
We encourage reservation on vehicle service appointment via e-booking online facility or at 1800-88-3838 to experience a truly rewarding Nissan aftersales and support experience.
14. What is the service interval for the vehicle?
Standard vehicle maintenance such as brake systems and fluid level inspection, wheel alignment and etc. should be performed at every 10,000KM or 6 months (whichever comes first).
And EV System Maintenance such as charging port and cooling system inspection, EV battery usage report and computer diagnosis at every 20,000KM or 12 months (whichever comes first).
15. What is the difference between Nissan LEAF and Hybrid Vehicle?
The Nissan LEAF is 100% powered by electric. A hybrid vehicle is powered by an internal combustion engine and supported by electric motor and a small battery pack.
As an all-electric car, the Nissan LEAF produces no tailpipe emission at the point of driving, and does not require fuel.
16. Is there any public charging station available?
The charging station will be available in selected shopping malls, selected showroom, selected TCEAS, selected Petrol Station in Malaysia and the charging network is in the progress of expanding.
For a list of our network of charging station, please visit our website, www.firstenergy.com.my for the listings.
17. Is it free, if I charge my vehicle at the charging location?
Yes, the charging of the vehicle will be free* at public charging station for the time being. (*Subjected to change without prior notice)
18. What is the electric consumption rate when charging the Nissan LEAF?
The consumption rate is approximately 6.6 kW per hour for household Wall Charger. For public charging station, consumption might vary from approximately 3.3 – 6.6 kW per hour.
19. Can the vehicle be charged in a rainy day?
Yes, the vehicle can be charged in a rainy day thanks to the drain holes in the charging port.
20. Does the vehicle consume battery when the car is idle?
Idling does not consume any energy, but other features such as air conditioning do.
21. How many years can the battery last?
The Li-ion battery capacity is able to maintain up to 80% after 5-Years of normal usage and is expected to last the lifetime of the vehicle.
22. Can the Li-ion battery be replaced?
Yes, the Li-ion battery pack can be repaired, overhauled and even replaced. However, we do not foresee having to replace the battery pack in the lifetime of the vehicle.
23. What is the maximum speed of the LEAF?
24. What is the maximum power / torque for this vehicle?
The Nissan LEAF Electric Motor maximum output is 80kW and 254Nm of Torque.
25. What is the Engine Capacity?
The Nissan LEAF does not have an internal combustion engine and is instead powered by an 80 kW electric motor.
26. What is the Transmission Type?
The Nissan LEAF does not have conventional transmission system. Motor power is channeled through a reducer and then to the driving wheels (FWD).
27. How fast can the vehicle accelerate?
The Nissan LEAF is able to achieve to max torque instantly (90% output in 0.1 sec). The acceleration performance from idle is on par to a 3.5L gasoline vehicle.
28. Will the maintenance cost be cheaper than a conventional vehicle?
The Nissan LEAF comes with a 3 years Free Maintenance Service or 100,000km (whichever comes first).
The Nissan LEAF’s maintenance cost when compared to conventional vehicle of similar size such as the Nissan Latio H/B 1.8L is estimated to be 80% lower as it does not need engine related maintenance items such as engine oil, oil filter & air filter.
29. Compared to gasoline engine vehicles, how much can you cut on the running cost?
Cost per km of LEAF is 50% of HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle), and 25% of conventional vehicle.
30. What are the safety features Nissan LEAF have?
The Nissan LEAF is rated 5 Star by the European New Car Assessment Program (EURO NCAP). Safety features include 6 airbags, ISOFIX, ABS w/ EBD, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and Traction Control.
31. Can the vehicle be driven in a rainy day / lightning / thunderstorm / Malaysia weather condition / flood?
The Nissan LEAF is designed and fully tested to withstand tropical weather conditions.
More Information :